Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2006/06/08 08:42:39 UTC

Re: [SPAM-TAG] Why is this not seen as spam?

On Wednesday, June 7, 2006, 11:33:52 PM, Tomas NW7US wrote:
> The following is a sample of mail that seems to pass through spamassassin,
> but somehow seems to get marked as "ham" as it is tested for spam
> content.  I am not able to figure out why this is happening.

Try using the SARE stock rules:

  http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

> The one major issue I keep having with my server is with e-mail.  I
> suspect that my sendmail is an open gate for spammers, though not in high
> volume.  I think that I have curtailed a lot of it, but still see strange
> things, that I am trying to track down.  This one is not an open gate
> issue, but is still driving me nuts...

If your sendmail is recent (past few years) it won't be open
relay by default.  If it's not current, upgrade.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: [SPAM-TAG] Why is this not seen as spam?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
"user_conf"? It's a user_prefs for each user and local.cf for the whole
installation, normally, 'ix-ishly speaking.

{o.o}
Posted by "NW7US, Tomas" <nw...@hfradio.org>.
Excellent!