Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Aaron Bartell <aa...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/01 07:36:49 UTC

Datatable

I have a feature on a page that I need to implement but am uncertain as
to how to go about it because it seems I need to use a couple different
MyFaces components to make it work.

What I need is a <x:dataTable> that has what I'll call a list of kits.
For each kit entry in the table I would like to allow the user to click
on it and it will expand to show the kit's items. The click
functionality is similar to the tree.jsp example on the MyFaces site
which would work if I could put it in a datatable. One other problem
that I have if I use the tree component is that I am not seeing how I
can create additional buttons or command links beside a bottom level
entry in the tree so I can take action against that particular item in
the kit.

I have done this before with <DIV> tags but am unsure how to do it with
the MyFaces components.

Thoughts?

Aaron Bartell

Re: Datatable

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Since we are looking at reworking the TreeTable component, perhaps we
could incorporate these ideas.

You said you've done this before with DIV's.  Can you send us a HTML
file with a simple example so we can "see" what you mean?

sean