Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Guy Rixon <gt...@ast.cam.ac.uk> on 2005/07/29 12:46:26 UTC

Tomcat version recommended in Axis docs

In the Axis documents it says

 "If you are installing Tomcat, get the latest 4.1.x version..."

[http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html]

Is this still the correct recommendation? I would have expected Tomcat v5.0.x
by now, or maybe v5.5.x. Is Axis compatible with Tomcat 5.5.x and Java 5?

Guy Rixon 				        gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523

Re: Tomcat version recommended in Axis docs

Posted by James Wilson <wi...@ociweb.com>.
This configuration is working for me also.  In fact, I'd like to see the code
generation from wsdl2java take advantage of Generics.  I'm a bit obsessive and
so I have to modify  my *Stub classes after generation with
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked") to block the warnings.

Posted by Simon Brunning <si...@gmail.com>.