Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Diogo Matos <di...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 17:40:44 UTC

Store Janitor configuration

I'm having problems configuring the memory allocation for the Store Janitor.

if we have something like:

<store-janitor logger="core.store.janitor">
   <parameter name="freememory" value="104857600"/>
   <parameter name="heapsize" value="515396075"/> <!-- ~ 96% of 512 MB -->
<store-janitor logger="core.store.janitor">

And the JVM is:
 -Xms512m -Xmx512m

Does this mean that that the JVM will always have 104857600 available? What
does the JVM with that amount of memory?

I've put cocoon in DEBUG mode and I'm seeing too many messages "Memory is
low!" which is causing elements to be removed from cache. How can improve
this?
1. Decrease the freememory value?
2. Decrease the heapsize value?
3. Should the value of freememory + heapsize be smaller that the JVM value?

What's the freememory used by anyway? I know that this is for the JVM, but
should this be changed according to the amount of memory that cocoon needs
to run?

Please let me know what you think of

Many Thanks