Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2024/03/01 21:40:48 UTC

[VOTE] The first release candidate for 2.5.8 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache HBase release candidate, 2.5.8RC0

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.5.8

The tag to be voted on is 2.5.8RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.5.8RC0

This tag currently points to git reference

  37444de6531b1bdabf2e445c83d0268ab1a6f919

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.8RC0/

The API compatibility report comparing this RC to the previous release
can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.8RC0/api_compare_2.5.7_to_2.5.8RC0.html

There are no binary or source compatibility problems.

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1534

Maven artifacts for Hadoop 3 are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1535

Artifacts were signed with the 0xD5365CCD key which can be found in:

  https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] The first release candidate for 2.5.8 (RC0) is available

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_392): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D skipTests=true
        * Rat check (17.0.10): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D hadoop.profile=3.0 -D
skipTests=true
        * Built from source (1.8.0_392): ok
         - mvn clean install -D skipTests=true -DskipTests
        * Built from source (17.0.10): ok
         - mvn clean install -D hadoop.profile=3.0 -D skipTests=true
-DskipTests
        *  Ran hadoop3-bin locally
         - ./bin/hbase master start
         - ./bin/hbase ltt -num_keys 5000000 -write 3:512 -read 100
-multiput

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Signature: OK
- Checksum : OK
- Rat check: OK
- Build from source: OK
- Staging repositories : Ok
- Change logs, release notes: Ok
- Ran unit tests : Ok

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Change my vote to +1 binding

The test is not very critical, the problem is we will close the WAL
writer in async way, and also write the trailer in async way, so we
have done some tricks to not let WALEntryStream to consider these
unclosed files as closed uncleanly.

For branch-2.6+, we have done big refactorings on the WALEntryStream
and ProtobufLogReader related code, to fix the problem cleanly. The
changes have not been backported to branch-2.5 since it is too big, so
on branch-2.5 the test is still flaky.

But it is not a big problem, there is no logic error, such as data
loss or something, it only affects the metrics.

Thanks.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2024年3月9日周六 21:45写道:

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
PMC,

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_362): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_362): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_362): ok
 - mvn clean package -P runSmallTests -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3
* LTT with 2M rows on local cluster looks good

[RESULT] [VOTE] The first release candidate for 2.5.8 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With 4 binding +1 votes, including my own, and one non-binding +1 vote, and
no 0 or -1 votes, this vote passes.

Thanks to everyone who evaluated the release candidate!