Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2010/09/17 23:06:54 UTC

[VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Alan,

Make sure to give gpg the .asc file instead of the actual archive:

gpg --verify apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2.asc

Josh

On Wed September 22 2010 9:22:08 am Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I need a second pair of eyeballs to tell me what I'm doing wrong:
>
> [acabrera-mn:Downloads 508]$ gpg --verify
>  apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2 gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: the signature could not be verified.
> Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
> should be the first file given on the command line.
> [acabrera-mn:Downloads 509]$ ls apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2
> apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2
> [acabrera-mn:Downloads 510]$ ls apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2.asc
> apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating.tar.bz2.asc
>
> On Sep 17, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
Systems Programmer
Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
North Carolina State University

Josh_Thompson@ncsu.edu
919-515-5323

my GPG/PGP key can be found at www.keyserver.net

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Alexander Patterson <al...@csueastbay.edu>.
+ 1 from Me. I would love to use 2.2 with vmware server 2.0 and Windows 7
support! I look forward to using esxi over gsx as well.

That's a persona option, no idea if my company will want to go in the same
direction.

-Alex

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>wrote:

> I created a release artifact based off of trunk.  I copied trunk to a tag
> under the tags area of the repo that is named release-2.2-RC1:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.2-RC1/
>
> The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
> version 1.5.0 bundled in the web code.  The artifact, MD5 and SHA1 sums,
> and
> my GPG signature of it are available from my space on people.a.o:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejfthomps/apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-incubating/>
>
> The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found
> on
> the VCL 2.2 release page:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-22-unreleased.html
>
> Installation instructions are on the Confluence site and in the
> INSTALLATION
> file included in the artifact.
>
> Aaron, Andy, and I have completed a test install of all parts and were able
> successfully create and capture a base image.
>
> The directory created by extracting the RC1 artifact is
> "apache-VCL-2.2-RC1-
> incubating".  Licensing information about perl and its required modules,
> php
> and its required modules, and mysql are stated as "system requirements"
> according to the information under "System Requirements" on
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
>
> Please vote by the end of the day on Wednesday, Sept. 22th to publish this
> release (this allows for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone
> in
> the VCL community is allowed to vote.
>
> [ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.2
> [ ] 0 dunno
> [ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.2 (provide reasons if this is your vote)
>
> Josh
> - --
> - -------------------------------
> Josh Thompson
> Systems Programmer
> Advanced Computing | VCL Developer
> North Carolina State University
>
> Josh_Thompson@ncsu.edu
> 919-515-5323

Alex  Patterson
User Support Services
Operating System Analyst
California State University, East Bay

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2 - propose RC2

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
  I agree, this is a hard problem for folks wanting to use win 7.

I retract my +1.

The RC2 should be out later today.

Aaron

--

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2 - propose RC2

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.
-1

Josh Thompson wrote:

--
Andy Kurth
Virtual Computing Lab

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Gabriel Muñoz <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Gabriel Muñoz

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Vinay Venkatesh <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by "Creech, David" <CR...@ecu.edu>.
+1 from me.

David Creech

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.
+1 from me - surprise, surprise :)

Josh

--
-------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

RE: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by "Hidalgo, Rommel" <rh...@Exchange.FULLERTON.EDU>.
+1  yes, release VCL 2.2

--Rommel Hidalgo

Posted by "Kumar, Amit H." <AH...@odu.edu>.
+1
Thank you,
Amit

Re: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by Milen P Paskov <mp...@us.ibm.com>.
+1 obviously

Best Regards,
Milen Paskov
WSTI Intern
mppaskov@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>                                                                                                            |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org, "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>                                                                            |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>                                                                                                                 |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |09/17/2010 05:07 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[VOTE] release VCL 2.2                                                                                                                            |

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

RE: [VOTE] release VCL 2.2

Posted by "Waldron, Michael H" <mw...@email.unc.edu>.
+1, yes