Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/03 13:50:18 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ / configure queues

Hello Ephemeris-

Right now, the plugin is for all queues and topics. I agree it would make sense to add this as options on DestinationPolicy.

Feel free to open up a feature request ticket — https://issues.apache.org/jira

I’ll work to add it to 5.18.x or 5.19.x

Thanks!
Matt Pavlovich

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ephemeris!

I’ve taken assignment and will work to get it implemented.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matt.

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

OK, I'll open a ticket to add queue specific policies.

For now, please could you confirm that these two entries, in the given
order, lead to moving failing messages to DLQ for any queue, except for
queues with a name that matches the pattern "noread.*", deleting expired
messages directly ?

 <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="256m"
queuePrefetch="1" lazyDispatch="true">
    <deadLetterStrategy>
        <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
useQueueForQueueMessages="true" processExpired="false"/>
    </deadLetterStrategy>
</policyEntry>
<policyEntry queue="noread.*" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="256m"
queuePrefetch="1" lazyDispatch="true">
    <deadLetterStrategy>
        <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />
    </deadLetterStrategy>
</policyEntry>