Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lea <le...@applimedia.com> on 2004/06/07 16:26:06 UTC

JDBCRealm problem (invalid port number)

Hi,
I'm trying to use JDBCRealm and MySQL to authenticate user in tomcat 4.1.
I followed the steps described on
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-
howto.html#JDBCRealm:
I added a user table and a user_roles table in my database (ABCDatabase);
I made all necessary columns (user, password, role_name);
I downloaded the MySQL driver (mysql-connector-java-3.0.14-
production.zip) and put the .jar file into $CATALINA/common/lib;
I replaced the realm definition of the server.xml by follow code snippet
:

     <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost_IP/ABCDatabase"   <!-- *
-->
          connectionName="root"
          connectionPassword=""
              userTable="user" userNameCol="login" userCredCol="password"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

I created the new user in slide/users/ with the same name and password as
in my user table in the mysql server.

I can login in http://localhost:8080/admin with this user (he's not in
tomcat-users.xml) using IE, but when I use a terminal as jakarta-slide-
webdavclient-2.0, I got the follow error message:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.URIException: invalid port number

I replaced the connectionURL (the line with <!-- * --> ) by lines below,
but I got the same error.
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost_IP:3306/ABCDatabase"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/ABCDatabase"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ABCDatabase"

I  remark that there's nothing about JDBCRealm neither JDBC in the login
file (/logs/localhost_log.txt).

Does someone know what's wrong in my program?

Thx and regards