Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net> on 2003/07/13 21:39:26 UTC

mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

I have been testing mod_jk 1.2.5 with Apache 2 and load balancing.

I noticed in the source that mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache's are disabled
by forcing ep_cache_sz=0.  I did a cvs log and could not find any
comments on why this is so.  Is there a reason why this is disabled?

Using a cache with a cache timeout sure would be handy for Apache 2
when using the worker MPM.

This feature is documented in the jk docs and I don't see where anything
is mentioned that it is disabled.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen a écrit :

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Glenn Nielsen a écrit :
>>
>>> I have been testing mod_jk 1.2.5 with Apache 2 and load balancing.
>>>
>>> I noticed in the source that mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache's are disabled
>>> by forcing ep_cache_sz=0.  I did a cvs log and could not find any
>>> comments on why this is so.  Is there a reason why this is disabled?
>>>
>>> Using a cache with a cache timeout sure would be handy for Apache 2
>>> when using the worker MPM.
>>>
>>> This feature is documented in the jk docs and I don't see where anything
>>> is mentioned that it is disabled.
>>

>> I allways set cache in workers.properties but yes we should fix the
>> documentation to explain that it's disabled by default.
>>
>> I can do it ASAP
>>

> What I am saying is that use of the endpoint cache is completely disabled
> in the code, it doesn't matter what you set the cachesize to in
> worker.properties.
>
> Look at ajp_init() in ajp_common.c

Hey yes you're right, it should be instead :

p->ep_cache_sz = cache_sz;

You commit or I ?

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
> Sorry for the confusion, you are right.  It does get set later on.
>
> Did you get a chance to review the minor changes I made in the last week?

Yes and I don't see any problems.

> With that resolved I am ready to roll another test mod_jk 1.2.5 release.

> If that looks ok we can vote on doing the release.

The build works for Apache 1.3/2.0 on Linux, I should make some tests,
and welcome any Windows binaries for Apache 2.0 ;)

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: mod_jk 1.2.5 release

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen a écrit :

> I have taken care of the serveral minor bug fixes I wanted to get
> into the mod_jk 1.2.5 release.  But I still have the question
> below about endpoint caching.
>
> I would like to renable endpoint caching for use by threaded servers.
>
> Is there any reason to not do this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn
>
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I have been testing mod_jk 1.2.5 with Apache 2 and load balancing.
>>
>> I noticed in the source that mod_jk 1.2 endpoint cache's are disabled
>> by forcing ep_cache_sz=0.  I did a cvs log and could not find any
>> comments on why this is so.  Is there a reason why this is disabled?
>>
>> Using a cache with a cache timeout sure would be handy for Apache 2
>> when using the worker MPM.
>>
>> This feature is documented in the jk docs and I don't see where anything
>> is mentioned that it is disabled.

Ok, if you activate it by default, how many entries we'll be defined by
default so I could update documentation ?

In general I'm using 16 entries in cache by worker

mod_jk 1.2.5 release

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.