Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2012/03/22 17:02:33 UTC

RE: Catalina.bat Not in BIN folder install of 7.0.23

> From: BFinkeldei@aaamissouri.com [mailto:BFinkeldei@aaamissouri.com]
> Subject: Catalina.bat Not in BIN folder install of 7.0.23

> I just installed Tomcat 7.0.23 and went to configure the
> catalina.bat file on a Windows machine and I can not find
> any of the files there.

For reasons that I've never seen explained, the .bat files are not included in the .exe downloads, but only in the .zip ones.  Grab that one instead.

 - Chuck

RE: [OT] Catalina.bat Not in BIN folder install of 7.0.23

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Catalina.bat Not in BIN folder install of 7.0.23

> For unexplained reasons also, your response seems to be dated about
> 16 minutes before the original OP's question.  Spooky.

Odd, because I only answered it 10 minutes before, according to the marc.info archive...

> Or is this just because we've just be talking about quantum stuff
> on the list ? (Or will talk about it shortly).

I think that's "we will have been talking".  (Isn't English wonderful?)

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: BFinkeldei@aaamissouri.com [mailto:BFinkeldei@aaamissouri.com]
>> Subject: Catalina.bat Not in BIN folder install of 7.0.23
>
>> I just installed Tomcat 7.0.23 and went to configure the
>> catalina.bat file on a Windows machine and I can not find
>> any of the files there.
>
> For reasons that I've never seen explained, the .bat files are not included in the .exe downloads, but only in the .zip ones.  Grab that one instead.

For unexplained reasons also, your response seems to be dated about 16 minutes before the
original OP's question.  Spooky.
I have a friend who works for a hedge fund.  Care to have a chat about this off-list ?