Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> on 2012/09/17 13:41:18 UTC

Using the Entity Hub for crawling

Hi,

I am writing some code that queries the Entity Hub for an entity and
then recurses into querying the entities in its signature until certain
conditions are met (e.g until a closure is met; when a recursion level
is reached; when a cycle of length >1 is encountered).

There is a Graph that is populated with the results of each query.

Doing so programmatically is quite inefficient, so I'm wondering if it
can be done EntityHub-side somehow. Some of this work I could do via
SPARQL if available, but maybe the Entity Hub's endpoints can
accommodate something like that e.g. field queries or LDPath.

Which way do you think is more suitable?

Thanks,

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: Using the Entity Hub for crawling

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you encode it as FieldQuery, than you can select Entities that
match the criteria (e.g. only Entities with a specific rdf:type). If
you use LDPath than the LDPath is executed for results. So generally
speaking: LDPath will be faster than your current solution as you save
a lot of serialization steps but if you can use FieldQuery the
performance should greatly improve.

A concrete example would help.

best
Rupert