Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2006/01/04 21:47:43 UTC

[Testing] Listing issues relating to testing and best practices

Hi,

I've started a document at
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/best+practices+-+testing+strategies
where I've listed the known issues/questions I had in mind WRT Maven 2 and
testing.

If you're interested in testing could you please have a look and add/comment
if you have other questions/thoughts.

If you have any question/remark on what's there could you please bring it on
the list so that we can discuss it. Once we come to a conclusion on the
list, we'll edit the page to reflect the outcome.

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: [Testing] Listing issues relating to testing and best practices

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jesse McConnell wrote:
> I really like
>
> project/
>   |_ src
>     |_ main
>     |_ test
>       |_ unit
>         |_ java
>         |_ resources
>       |_ integration
>         |_ java
>         |_ resources
>       |_ functional
>         |_ java
>         |_ resources

+1

One nice thing about keeping functional stuff separate is that its
trivial to have gump not do functional testing, because they get unhappy
when you do that.

Re: [Testing] Listing issues relating to testing and best practices

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
I really like

project/
  |_ src
    |_ main
    |_ test
      |_ unit
        |_ java
        |_ resources
      |_ integration
        |_ java
        |_ resources
      |_ functional
        |_ java
        |_ resources

perhaps we could make it backwards compatible and support the old way of
doing it and this approach as the new recommended layout....maybe at 2.1release

the other questions on there largely seem to rest on whether or not the
directory layout changes

jesse

On 1/4/06, Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've started a document at
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/best+practices+-+testing+strategies
> where I've listed the known issues/questions I had in mind WRT Maven 2 and
> testing.
>
> If you're interested in testing could you please have a look and
> add/comment
> if you have other questions/thoughts.
>
> If you have any question/remark on what's there could you please bring it
> on
> the list so that we can discuss it. Once we come to a conclusion on the
> list, we'll edit the page to reflect the outcome.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

jesse mcconnell
jesseDOTmcconnellATgmailDOTcom