Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ricardo Coutinho <rc...@odyssey-group.com> on 2002/04/30 15:08:05 UTC

Absolute positioning

Hi all,

Firstly I want to apologise in advance for asking many questions. :) It has
been some time since I used fop and fo (I think the last version i used was
0.17..)

1. Is there another way to use absolute positioning without using the
fo:block-container tag. With the text I have I don't have any  width/height
variables available. It does work with the fo:block tag.
2. Is there a way to specify the orientation for each individual page.

Lastly I would appreciate any online references regarding fo
elements/attributes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo Coutinho
Odyssey Group
Software Engineer
52 Avenue de la gare Luxembourg
Tel : +352 26 29 77 33
Email : rcoutinho@odyssey-group.com
Internet : http://www.odyssey-group.com

Re: Absolute positioning

Posted by Matthew Huggett <mh...@telusplanet.net>.
Hi Ricardo:

Regarding references for FO elements and attributes.  I guess you have
already checked the W3C recommendation?  The pdf version has an easy
bookmark to a FO properties summary.  If you check the xml cover pages site
http://xml.coverpages.org/ there might be something else.  I know theres a
company selling quick references for xml,xsl, ecma script, etc. ($5 US each)
but I can't remember the URL.

Matthew

Re: Absolute positioning

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ricardo Coutinho wrote:

> 1. Is there another way to use absolute positioning without using the
> fo:block-container tag.

Not yet.

> 2. Is there a way to specify the orientation for each individual page.

No yet.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Absolute positioning

Posted by Ramesh Suribhatla <ra...@yahoo.com>.