Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derek McEachern <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/21 23:22:54 UTC

Tomcat shutdown Problems - Process Does Not Die

I've been searching the list but so far I have not been able to find a
solution to problem.  I am running tomcat 4.1.31 using java 1.4.2 on a
Solaris 8 machine.  In our configuration we are running two tomcat instances
sharing binaries and webapps directories by CATALINE_HOME and  CATALINE_BASE
to the specific tomcat config.

Tomcat starts without a problem but for some reason when running the
shutdown script it doesn't kill the process however it does close it's
sockets.  It's configured to listen on 9080 for requests and 9005 for
shutdown requests and after executing the shutdown script those ports are no
longer being listened to and it is possible to start another tomcat.

Anyone have any idea on why the actual process would not be dieing?

Derek

Re: Tomcat shutdown Problems - Process Does Not Die

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Jřrgen--

I know with 5.5 you can control Threading by implementing custom APR
ThreadPooling..
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/AprEndpoint.html#acceptorThreadCount

Tak,
Martin --