Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Kriti <kr...@ge.com> on 2016/10/27 05:55:26 UTC

Does camel provide a provision to deal with special characters in an address URL?

Hi All,

We have a camel route that reads a webservice request url from a properties
file and sends a request to that url. If the url contains a ? in the middle
of the url string, we get the following error from Camel-

Caused by: org.apache.camel.ResolveEndpointFailedException: Failed to
resolve endpoint:
xds-iti41://3.204.37.239:8086/CCA/unsecured_web?services%2Frev6%2Fxdsb-provideandregister=
due to: Failed to resolve endpoint:
xds-iti41://3.204.37.239:8086/CCA/unsecured_web?services%2Frev6%2Fxdsb-provideandregister=
due to: There are 1 parameters that couldn't be set on the endpoint. Check
the uri if the parameters are spelt correctly and that they are properties
of the endpoint

The url looks like the one below-

xds-iti41://3.204.37.239:8086/CCA/unsecured_web?services/xdsb-provideandregister

Even if we try to modify the url to have ? in its encoded form (%3F), it
gives the same exception. The url used here looks like this-

xds-iti41://3.204.37.239:8086/CCA/unsecured_web%3Fservices/xdsb-provideandregister

Is there a way Camel can deal with this kind of a situation where we need to
have special characters like ? in the address?

Thanks and Regards,
Kriti

Re: Does camel provide a provision to deal with special characters in an address URL?

Posted by Tomohisa Igarashi <tm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are you using this one?
http://oehf.github.io/ipf/ipf-platform-camel-ihe-xds/iti41.html

The error message says that the parameter is assumed as a component option, but not a HTTP query parameter. Does this document help?
http://oehf.github.io/ipf/ipf-platform-camel-ihe-xds/handlingExtra.html

You'd need to ask this "IPF" (which is not a part of Apache Camel IINM) for more details.

Thanks,
Tomo