Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> on 2006/10/03 13:25:08 UTC

release artifacts built

Hi,

After having successfully wrestled the maven release process into
submission, i would like to announce the availability of all artifact
jars in current trunk for testing. They were released from tag http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/excalibur/tags/excalibur-first-maven2-
release/ , the jars itself can be downloaded from http://
people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/excalibur-test-for-
release/ (m2 style structure)

Notes
--------
- The jars aren't signed yet
- It seems that some classes have custom annotations in them
(discovered during javadoc generation). Do i need to do anything
special with this? For the moment no processing is done.
- A full clean install from the root executing all unit tests works
- As discussed before, i incremented all artifact versions by  .01
- The maven poms are good enough for compilation and test running,
however they might need additional tweaking (dependency scopes) so
that ppl including them don't need to <exclude> everything. This is
not required for the release however, keep in mind though that i
might do a further point release after this one to get that metadata
right.

Right, how do we now go about testing the jars for production and
release worthyness ?

Regards
Jorg

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi,

I will do an excalibur  build today later and sent feedback ASAP. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Jorg,

There is also another issue related to excalibur in COCOON-1671 (See it
in point 2. about a console output: "NAMESPACE PREFIX!!!!"). I looked
into this but I was unable to find where the message is generated.
Perhaps it is already fixed and we need just to update the excalibur
jars in cocoon.

Best Regads,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Oct 9, 2006, at 1:28 AM, J Aaron Farr wrote:

> On 10/8/06, Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Any interest in this at all? Comments, feedback, flames,
>
> Thank you!
>
>> i-have-no-time-but-go-ahead's ?
>
> I-had-no-time-but-will-tomorrow-at-the-hackathon?  :-)

I-am-at-the-hackathon-and-hope-to-have-time-later! :-D

LSD

Re: Re: release artifacts built

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On 10/8/06, Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
> Any interest in this at all? Comments, feedback, flames,

Thank you!

> i-have-no-time-but-go-ahead's ?

I-had-no-time-but-will-tomorrow-at-the-hackathon?  :-)

Sorry for the silence.

--
  jaaron

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
i-have-no-time-but-go-ahead

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> we (James project) use some of this artifacts but we had to change 2
>> of this jars because of validation problems under phoenix:
>>
>> cornerstone-datasources-impl-2.1.jar
>> cornerstone-sockets-impl-2.1.jar
>>
>> For both we had to remove the "<schema>" part of the
>> DefaultSocketFactory.xinfo and DefaultDataSourceSelector.xinfo
>> because phoenix was not running because of validation errors.
>>
>> I opened a JIRA issue few months ago.
>
> Do you have a ticket number for this ? I don't know about any xinfo
> processing though, is this some code generator triggered by the maven1
> build ?

The first problem is described here.

Then I had further problems and I don't know relax-ng so I simply
removed the <schema> tag from the xinfo so it skipped validation.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXLBR-30

When it happened something similar to sockets I decided to remove the
schema again, as I had no clue on how to fix the schema problems.

Stefano

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> we (James project) use some of this artifacts but we had to change 2 of
> this jars because of validation problems under phoenix:
>
> cornerstone-datasources-impl-2.1.jar
> cornerstone-sockets-impl-2.1.jar
>
> For both we had to remove the "<schema>" part of the
> DefaultSocketFactory.xinfo and DefaultDataSourceSelector.xinfo
> because phoenix was not running because of validation errors.
>
> I opened a JIRA issue few months ago.

Do you have a ticket number for this ? I don't know about any xinfo
processing though, is this some code generator triggered by the maven1
build ?

Thanks
Jorg

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Jorg,

we (James project) use some of this artifacts but we had to change 2 of
this jars because of validation problems under phoenix:

cornerstone-datasources-impl-2.1.jar
cornerstone-sockets-impl-2.1.jar

For both we had to remove the "<schema>" part of the
DefaultSocketFactory.xinfo and DefaultDataSourceSelector.xinfo
because phoenix was not running because of validation errors.

I opened a JIRA issue few months ago.

Is this anything that could be fixed for the next release?

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> It's a  new version of Excalibur  that you published on  the Maven
> repos?

Nope, these binaries aren't published yet. I aim to do so however once i
get a green light from this dev list and go through the normal asf
release formalities.

> Does it affect an average Cocoon user?

I wouldn't think so. Note that I haven't tested these new jars in
cocoon, I know Vadim fixed a few issues the last couple of months that
fixed possible  NPE'es in Cocoon.

Actually, i think i will post a note to dev@cocoon about this new
release. People could grab the jars and give them a spin in cocoon,
which helps the acceptance process.

Thanks
Jorg

Re: release artifacts built

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@caraldi.com>.
* Jorg Heymans:

> > New artifacts constructed, sorry for the delay !
>
> Any  interest  in  this   at  all? Comments,  feedback,  flames,
> i-have-no-time-but-go-ahead's ?

Hello Jorg,

It's a  new version of Excalibur  that you published on  the Maven
repos?

Does it affect an average Cocoon user?

Cheers,
--