Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Anburaj Palraj <an...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/10 06:01:34 UTC

Shared folder issue on Windows 10 pro OS

Hi team,

I am using 1.4.0 guacamole server version.

Recently we have added one windows 10 pro OS system to our server infra and
i added into guacamole portal for remote authentication.

Note:We are able to take mstsc and able to work on the system without any
issues.But am not seeing the Apache guacamole shared folder.

Without that I am not able to copy files from my system to this server and
vice versa.

So kindly help.

Re: Shared folder issue on Windows 10 pro OS

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 9:51 AM David Barber <md...@aol.com.invalid> wrote:

> i think some versions of RDP use SMB/CIFS for file transfer, have you checked the CIFS versions? Win10 was first to have earlier versions disabled by default.

While RDP may use SMB/CIFS to facilitate the file transfer, it is
definitely part of the internal RDP stream and not the same as trying
to connect Windows 10 to a SMBv1 share.

-Nick

Re: Shared folder issue on Windows 10 pro OS

Posted by David Barber <md...@aol.com.INVALID>.

Anburaj Palraj wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
> thanks for your email.
>
> Shared folders are visible on all other windows systems(mostly windows
> servers).
>
> Only issue on this newly added windows 10 pro desktop.
>
> Do I need to start/stop any service on Windows 10 pro desktop.?
>
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 3:31 PM Ivanmarcus
> <iv...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>     I may be misundertanding your issue, however you'll need to make sure
>     that the guacd user has access/permissions for the directory
>     you're sharing.
>
>     If that's not the issue then log information could be useful to
>     properly
>     determine your problem. Depending upon your distribution/setup that
>     could be syslog & catalina.out.
>
>     On 10/11/22 19:01, Anburaj Palraj wrote:
>     > Hi team,
>     >
>     > I am using 1.4.0 guacamole server version.
>     >
>     > Recently we have added one windows 10 pro OS system to our
>     server infra
>     > and i added into guacamole portal for remote authentication.
>     >
>     > Note:We are able to take mstsc and able to work on the system
>     without
>     > any issues.But am not seeing the Apache guacamole shared folder.
>     >
>     > Without that I am not able to copy files from my system to this
>     server
>     > and vice versa.
>     >
>     >
>     > So kindly help.

Regards
David Barber

Re: Shared folder issue on Windows 10 pro OS

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 7:18 AM Anburaj Palraj <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Could see the below error logs in the messages file.
>

> [image: image.png]

This is an error being reported by Windows to guacd. Check your GPOs and
whether there are any corresponding events in the Windows event log.

- Mike

Re: Shared folder issue on Windows 10 pro OS

Posted by Anburaj Palraj <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anburaj Palraj <an...@gmail.com>.