Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com> on 2009/10/28 12:43:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Download single source file without line numbers

Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Ryan Watkins <rw...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to download a single source file from the Apache-SVN without
>> getting the line numbers on the left?
>>

> I think you'll have to use an SVN client,
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/devnotes.html
>
> It seems that directly downloading a revision (not marked up) is not
> available on the ASF viewvc.

>From the ViewVC help:

   # File Download (Checkout View) - Retrieves the unaltered contents of
   a file revision. Browsers may try to display the file, or just save
   it to disk. This view is disabled in the default ViewVC
   configuration.

So maybe somebody at apache.org just needs to enable this, assuming
there's no particular reason it's not enabled already.

Dan