Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2004/10/25 23:18:33 UTC

Test dependencies

Hi,

Are you ok add a test dependencies part in pom?
I think it's necessary since we use transitive dependencies.

When we download automatically all deps, we don't necessary want to download
all deps use by tests (like mockobjects) in downloaded artifacts.
With a test dependencies part in pom, we'll download only dependenies and
not test dependencies for transitive deps, and we'll load in classpath tests
deps only for test mojos like surefire.

Emmanuel

Re: Test dependencies

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 17:18, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are you ok add a test dependencies part in pom?
> > I think it's necessary since we use transitive dependencies.
> >
> > When we download automatically all deps, we don't necessary want to
download
> > all deps use by tests (like mockobjects) in downloaded artifacts.
> > With a test dependencies part in pom, we'll download only dependenies
and
> > not test dependencies for transitive deps, and we'll load in classpath
tests
> > deps only for test mojos like surefire.
>
> John raised an issue in JIRA I believe.
>
> There are a whole slew of issues that need to be dealt with but right
> now I'm doing the grunt work and being a build monkey to get every last
> dependency of m2 and plexus building under continuum. Once that is done
> I will start seriously tackling the issue for the alpha-1 release, but
> everything working under Continuum is my priority in the short term.

Yep, I thougth to this for Modello-Xpp3 plugin.
This plugin require xpp3 for run tests but not for the execution. I can add
it for the moment for build correctly under continuum, but it isn't a final
solution.

Re: Test dependencies

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.

--