Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> on 2001/08/23 16:17:36 UTC

BasePeer and Postgresql Pb..

Hi all,

For Turbine 2.1 (or 2.2b1??;)

I'm just finding that the BasePeer class file don't implement the good
stuf for the method delete(criteria). That's because of Postgresql, taht
need to have a transaction when deleting rows whith binary object. And
for example, it's impossible to delete a user in the database.

I'm got the ultimate source of turbine code today ( jakarta-turbine-2),
and o correct this whith the patch following..

And sorry to not have discover this before..

Jerome Verleyen

Upload service BUG

Posted by Gareth Coltman <ga...@majorband.co.uk>.
I have a problem with the upload service, and I found a comment on the same bug in the mail archive, but no indication as to whether
it has been fixed.

I am using turbine with tomcat/ajp12. When I upload files that are much bigger than my maximum allowed file size I get an internal
server error.

Turbine is throwing the correct exception, so I am suspicious that maybe the connector is screwy, but I hoped somebody else might
have had  a similar problem. My only clue are the lines

In ajpv12_handle_request, failed to write to the container
In jk_endpoint_t::service, Error sd = 7

In the mod_jk.log file.

If this has happened to you please help.

Gareth

Re: BasePeer and Postgresql Pb..

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> writes:

> > Thanks Jerome!  Could you send a unidiff?
> >
> > cvs diff -u [path to file]
> >

> I should not gave the good file ?

Unidiffs are much, much easier to deal with.  Thanks for the patch,
Jerome.

Re: BasePeer and Postgresql Pb..

Posted by Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx>.
Daniel Rall wrote:

> Jerome Verleyen <je...@ibt.unam.mx> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For Turbine 2.1 (or 2.2b1??;)
> >
> > I'm just finding that the BasePeer class file don't implement the good
> > stuf for the method delete(criteria). That's because of Postgresql, taht
> > need to have a transaction when deleting rows whith binary object. And
> > for example, it's impossible to delete a user in the database.
> >
> > I'm got the ultimate source of turbine code today ( jakarta-turbine-2),
> > and o correct this whith the patch following..
> >
> > And sorry to not have discover this before..
>
> Thanks Jerome!  Could you send a unidiff?
>
> cvs diff -u [path to file]

I should not gave the good file ?

I'm making "diff -u" another time, and give it to you..

Jerome
--
 GG: les Teletubbies, � la base, c'est d�j� du lavage de cerveau, alors,
 si en plus on rajoute Microsoft...

Re: BasePeer and Postgresql Pb..

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.