Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> on 2005/04/05 19:27:56 UTC

[Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

This is great news for Cocoon users... this list needs to know about it!
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet myself.
If you try it, please let the list know how it goes; e.g. what versions
of Cocoon you find that it works with or doesn't.

Thanks, Joel!

Lars

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Mar, 12 de Abril de 2005, 7:21, Matthew Langham dijo:
> We will then be looking to reuse parts of sunBow with the Lepido project
> and
> helping Sylvain and crew build a single (and great) Cocoon IDE.

Yep. Because currently there are 3 XML editors to choose from (not
included others 3rd parties outside cocoon-related nor eclipse):

Eclipse, Sunbow and Lipido. ;-)

Best regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

RE: [Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Sorry, I've been away a few days.

> >>With Lepido [1] being introduced only a few days ago, i
> think Sunbow
> >>will quickly become irrelevant.

Ah such harsh words :).

> Exactly. The people at S&N (Carsten Ziegeler and Matthew
> Langham being the best known here) want to participate to
> Lepido and reuse there what makes sense to be reused.
>
> The purpose being of course to avoid duplicating efforts on
> Cocoon-related tools !

Yes this is exactly the goal we also have. The new version of sunBow is for
the folks that required one under a more current Eclipse version.

We will then be looking to reuse parts of sunBow with the Lepido project and
helping Sylvain and crew build a single (and great) Cocoon IDE.

Matthew

--

eMail  mlangham@s-und-n.de
Web    http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: [Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:

>On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Jorg Heymans wrote:
>

>>Lars Huttar wrote:

>>>For the record, I tried it with Cocoon 2.1.5.1 (both under Jetty and
>>>under Tomcat 4.1). I couldn't get the Cocoon debugger to work. But then,
>>>I can't guarantee that I was doing it right, although I followed the
>>>instructions.
>>>

>>With Lepido [1] being introduced only a few days ago, i think Sunbow
>>will quickly become irrelevant.
>>
>>Regards
>>Jorg
>>
>>[1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-lepido/index.html
>>

>or can become part of lepido

Exactly. The people at S&N (Carsten Ziegeler and Matthew Langham being
the best known here) want to participate to Lepido and reuse there what
makes sense to be reused.

The purpose being of course to avoid duplicating efforts on
Cocoon-related tools !

Sylvain

Re: [Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Lars Huttar wrote:
>
>> Lars Huttar wrote:
>>
>>> This is great news for Cocoon users... this list needs to know about
>>> it!
>>> I haven't had a chance to try it out yet myself.
>>> If you try it, please let the list know how it goes; e.g. what
>>> versions of Cocoon you find that it works with or doesn't.
>>

>> For the record, I tried it with Cocoon 2.1.5.1 (both under Jetty and
>> under Tomcat 4.1). I couldn't get the Cocoon debugger to work. But
>> then, I can't guarantee that I was doing it right, although I
>> followed the instructions.
>

> With Lepido [1] being introduced only a few days ago, i think Sunbow
> will quickly become irrelevant.

Yes, it was ironic, wasn't it, those two announcements coming together?
I hope Lepido does grow to accomplish its goals and make Sunbow unnecessary.

I don't see a timeline for Lepido, though.
So in the meantime, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Lars

Re: [Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Lars Huttar wrote:
> > Lars Huttar wrote:
> >
> >> This is great news for Cocoon users... this list needs to know about it!
> >> I haven't had a chance to try it out yet myself.
> >> If you try it, please let the list know how it goes; e.g. what
> >> versions of Cocoon you find that it works with or doesn't.
> >

> > For the record, I tried it with Cocoon 2.1.5.1 (both under Jetty and
> > under Tomcat 4.1). I couldn't get the Cocoon debugger to work. But then,
> > I can't guarantee that I was doing it right, although I followed the
> > instructions.
>
> With Lepido [1] being introduced only a few days ago, i think Sunbow
> will quickly become irrelevant.
>
> Regards
> Jorg
>
> [1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-lepido/index.html

or can become part of lepido

regards
-stavros

Re: [Fwd: New version of sunBow available]

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.