Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Peter Henderson <pe...@starjar.com> on 2016/11/10 12:44:24 UTC

Re: What else do we want to do before 8.0.0 final ?

Hi

> What other improvements do we need in 8.x/master before promoting it to

> > 8.0.0 final ?

A bit late. But one idea I've had in the back of my mind for a long while.
(I may well be barking up the wrong tree here..)

Break IPageStore.
Replace the simple int pageId identifier with a bit more detail.

When pages are mounted to a path the path should be considered when getting
pages from the page store.
e.g
User A is looking at page
www.example.com/pageA?5

User B is looking at page
www.example.com/pageB?5

User A emails their url to B. When B clicks on the link he incorrectly sees
pageB because that page has the same pageId

--
Peter Henderson

Re: What else do we want to do before 8.0.0 final ?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Marcel Barbosa Pinto <
marcel.power@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another idea.
>
> Reactive programing is trending now, frameworks like Spring (v5) are
> rewriting it's core using the project reactor and rxJava. Java 9 will also
> add support for it.
> I was just wondering if Wicket could use reactive patterns for things like
> behaviours, events, components, models, request cycle etc.
>
> I don't know how complex would be to implement it, what do you guys think
> (Maybe for Wicket 9)?

Yes, Wicket 9. Unless someone has pretty clear picture what should be done.

P.S. I still wonder why Play Framework, Akka HTTP, and some other reactive
web frameworks show pretty bad results at
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/previews/round13.
Only Vertx has good results!

Posted by Marcel Barbosa Pinto <ma...@gmail.com>.
Another idea.

--

Marcel Barbosa Pinto
55 11 98255 8288

Re: What else do we want to do before 8.0.0 final ?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,