Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/28 08:43:53 UTC

Netbeans Confluence

Hi fellows,

I wonder how the Netbeans confluence is or shall be used by our community.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans

Moreover, I don't find (or could not find) any reference to it, either on
GitHub or on the official site netbeans.apache.org.

Am I missing something here?

I am asking those questions, because I would like to have a wiki for the
other netbeans projects such as
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-nbm-maven-plugin

Cheers,

Jean-Marc

Re: Netbeans Confluence

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 09:44, Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder how the Netbeans confluence is or shall be used by our community.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans
>
> Moreover, I don't find (or could not find) any reference to it, either on
> GitHub or on the official site netbeans.apache.org.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Maybe best characterized as internal documentation vs external
documentation?  The wiki is generally about things relevant to people
on dev@ / committers / PMC specifically, rather than to the wider user
base.

It is linked in at a few places in the website, but to specific pages
like the release schedule (which probably deserves its own website
page at some point).

Best wishes,

Neil