Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com> on 2007/10/05 21:50:19 UTC

Re: T5: Newbie question - creating and accessible a new page (Begining of a solution)

By using the same archetype and pointing to a 5.0.5 release, everything works
fine. When using 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT only Start works, other pages are giving a
404 error.

Do I need log4j to build 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT pages? Or, does 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT need
a special component that my archetype does not load?

In 5.0.5 my .html files are in WEB-INF.

In 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT my .tml files are in webapp.

My 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT archetype is:

mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
-DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart
-DarchetypeVersion=5.0.6-SNAPSHOT
-DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry
-DartifactId=myapp
-DpackageName=com.companyname.tapestry.myapp
-Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

Thank you for your help.

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
Hi Josh!

I tried two archetype:
"com.companyname.tapestry.myapp" and "org.example.myapp" in two different
project for 5.0.6-SNAPSHOT.

The paths shown below are for "org.example.myapp"

I should have included the archtype as well as the paths. Sorry for the
confusion.

I'm back to 5.0.5 for now.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
Workspace:

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
Hi,

Posted by jblier <ja...@airwidesolutions.com>.
I want to use 5.0.6 for the DOCTYPE fix mostly. I want it to be sent to the
client.

You are right, for now maybe I don't need to go to 5.0.6.

- Jacques