Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2006/03/30 18:15:02 UTC

[vote] Maven 2.0.4 release (fix regressions from 2.0.3)

Hi,

It appears I introduced two regressions in the 2.0.3 release. See
MNG-2054 and MNG-2186 for more information. Since they have potentially
huge impact on our users (esp. MNG-2186), I'd like to release a fixed
version (2.0.4) quickly, to regain a stable base for moving forward.

So, here's the RC:

http://maven.zones.apache.org/~maven/builds/branches/maven-2.0.x/m2-20060330.155710.tar.gz

Please give this a test against your toughest use builds before voting,
if possible.

We'll go another 72 hours on this one.

[ ] +1, release it!
[ ] +0, don't particularly care
[ ] -1, veto, don't release!!

Here's my +1.

Thanks, and sorry for the mess.

-john

Re: [vote] Maven 2.0.4 release (fix regressions from 2.0.3)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1
FYI no regression bug discovered on my projects

Vincent

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kenney,

I tried your test out, and all I can say is...weird. I'm not sure what
that's all about, but since it's not a regression, I'd personally like
to see it taken care of in 2.0.5 or 2.1, rather than hold up these two
large regressions being released. Dunno what you think, but I'm not sure
I'd be able to fix this one without introducing more risk of further
regressions in 2.0.4...at least, not in a timely fashion.

Out of curiosity, did it work correctly in 2.0?

-john

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
Here's a new RC. I've fixed MNG-2196. Please give this a try when you
get the chance.

http://maven.zones.apache.org/~maven/builds/branches/maven-2.0.x/m2-20060404.010027.tar.gz

Thanks,

John