Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Rajeswari Raghunathan <ra...@crayondata.com> on 2013/12/05 14:18:07 UTC

Re: Need guidance

Hi,

Is there any we can add customized entitlement for roles?

Thanks.

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgrosso@apache.org

Re: Need guidance

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 05/12/2013 14:18, Rajeswari Raghunathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any we can add customized entitlement for roles?

Hi,
as explained below, entitlements are only for internal usage, so, even
there could be some hack to extend the predefined set of entitlements, I
wouldn't suggest to do it.

Instead, if you need to associate some kind of authorization-related
information to roles, why don't you define a multi-value enum role schema?
This will not, of course, provide you with any enforcement mechanism,
but at least will give you the chance to define and maintain the
authorization information.

Regards.