Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "ajing.wang" <aj...@qq.com> on 2011/04/18 15:38:53 UTC

A problem about the network

HI,all.
   I have encountered  a problem about hardware .  I build up a hadoop cluster with  four old computer. After start the cluster and running job for  few days , I found the computer's network become slow,and the job's process time become longer and longer. It becomes normal after rebooting the computer.
   I asked the system manager,they said  the  network card may be not so good.
   have you encounter the problem like this? and How to solve this question?
   Thanks.

Re: A problem about the network

Posted by Juwei Shi <sh...@gmail.com>.
Did you look at the cluster wide resource usage such as CPU, memory and
network I/O? You may check the resouce utilization when the processing
becomes slow. Then the bottleneck can be detected.

在 2011年4月18日 下午9:38,ajing.wang <aj...@qq.com>写道:

--
- Juwei