Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Campbell, Jomori (US - Arlington)" <jo...@deloitte.com> on 2012/03/28 18:59:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy Configuration

We currently have an Apache Reverse Proxy set up in client’s environment. The issue that we are facing with the Apache Reverse Proxy is that any type of JavaScript or servlets that use JAVA are not being proxied correctly. The version of Apache that we are using is 2.2.21.

Jomori Campbell
ERS Sr. Consultant | FED TR FSG
Deloitte & Touche LLP
1919 N. Lynn Street, Arlington, VA  22209-1742
Tel/Direct: +1 571 814 6505 | Fax: +1 855 699 8871 | Mobile: +1 202 531 5684
jomcampbell@deloitte.com | www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy Configuration

Posted by Simone Caruso <in...@simonecaruso.com>.
On 28/03/2012 20:04, Campbell, Jomori (US - Arlington) wrote:
> On the front end we have Apache 2.2.21 running on Windows 2003
> We configured Apache as a Reverse Proxy using mod_proxy
>
> On the back end we have a COTS application by IBM called Maximo
> This application is deployed on WebLogic and running on Windows 2008
>
> Scenario:

This dont clarify the problem you have...

are u able to curl you JS? wich http code do u get if u get one? what you FE and
BE logs say?

--
Simone Caruso
IT Consultant

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy Configuration

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at mod_proxy_html

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@truls.org>.

Posted by "Campbell, Jomori (US - Arlington)" <jo...@deloitte.com>.
On the front end we have Apache 2.2.21 running on Windows 2003
We configured Apache as a Reverse Proxy using mod_proxy

On the back end we have a COTS application by IBM called Maximo
This application is deployed on WebLogic and running on Windows 2008

Scenario:

When a user requests access through the Apache RP on the front end.
Apache forwards the request to the back end IBM Maximo application.
User is prompted with a Basic Prompt from Weblogic security.
User logs in and is presented with the application home page.
All fonts and links are greyed out. The page displays correctly images/css/ etc. But all of the links that are javascript DO NOT work.
It's like the home page is in "read only mode". Can't click anything. Right clicking on the page does not work.

Below is the httpd.conf we are using. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule headers_module    modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so
LoadModule xml2enc_module modules/mod_xml2enc.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

LoadFile "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\libxml2.dll"
LoadFile "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\iconv.dll"

ProxyRequests off

# Maximo
ProxyPass /maximo/                  https://app.servername.com/maximo/
ProxyPassReverse /maximo/           https://app.servername.com/maximo/
ProxyPass /webclient/                  https://app.servername.com/ webclient /
ProxyPassReverse / webclient /           https://app.servername.com/ webclient /

<Directory "/maximo/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

DefaultType text/plain

<IfModule mime_module>

    TypesConfig conf/mime.types

    AddType application/x-gzip .tgz
    #
    # AddEncoding allows you to have certain browsers uncompress
    # information on the fly. Note: Not all browsers support this.
    #
    AddEncoding x-compress .Z
    AddEncoding x-gzip .gz .tgz
    #
    # If the AddEncoding directives above are commented-out, then you
    # probably should define those extensions to indicate media types:
    #
    AddType application/x-compress .Z
    AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz

    #
    # AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers":
    # actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server
    # or added with the Action directive (see below)
    #
    # To use CGI scripts outside of ScriptAliased directories:
    # (You will also need to add "ExecCGI" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

    # For type maps (negotiated resources):
    AddHandler type-map var

    #
    # Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the client.
    #
    # To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):
    # (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
</IfModule>

# Secure (SSL/TLS) connections
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none
SSLEngine On
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/my-server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/my-server.key
SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl/my-server.pem

#Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
#
# Note: The following must must be present to support
#       starting without SSL on platforms with no /dev/random equivalent
#       but a statically compiled-in mod_ssl.
#
<IfModule ssl_module>
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin