Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by ArtemM <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/20 13:48:28 UTC

Ignite ML dense distributed matrices

Hi all, currently we do not have dense distributed matices in ML module, but
I think we should add them. Obviously, not every big  ML dataset has sparse
structure. Of course, we can put it into a sparse distributed matrix, but
this will have performance hits. Any ideas/objections about it?

Re: Ignite ML dense distributed matrices

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Alexey,

I dont think that mixing distributed/local is a good idea unlike
dense/sparse or blocks/rows/cols.

Regards,
Yury

Re: Ignite ML dense distributed matrices

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Yury, I support one matrix with different strategies if it will have one
API.
Also distributed/local can be a strategy too.

And yet, Artem, Yury, we could think about DenceBlockDistributedMatrix of
course.

Or about Matrix(boolean isDistributed, boolean isBlock, boolean isSparse)
and implement all 8 cases