Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Андрей Нагих <an...@yandex.ru> on 2012/01/16 11:40:45 UTC

subversion sqlite.c bug

Hello.

I get this error while commiting to local fsfs svn repository.

In file
 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.4\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_subr\sqlite.c'
 line 187: assertion failed (stmt_idx < db->nbr_statements)

May be the reason that I sync repository folder with Dropbox (I knew it's bad now)

Andrey Ngikh                         mailto:andrnag@yandex.ru

Re: subversion sqlite.c bug

Posted by Андрей Нагих <an...@yandex.ru>.
I finally recover my repository with svnadmin tool. I did dump, then load to new repository.
But I can send anyone interested buggy repo (it's about 120 Mb)

Re: subversion sqlite.c bug

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Андрей Нагих <an...@yandex.ru> writes:

> I get this error while commiting to local fsfs svn repository.
>
> In file
>  'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.4\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_subr\sqlite.c'
>  line 187: assertion failed (stmt_idx < db->nbr_statements)
>
> May be the reason that I sync repository folder with Dropbox (I knew
> it's bad now)

It's probably the db/rep-cache.db file that is corrupt.  Running

   sqlite3 db/rep-cache.db "pragma integrity_check"

may confirm this.  Since it is only a cache you can remove the the
rep-cache.db file and a new empty cache will get created.  That should
recover the repository.  You may want to disable the use of rep-cache.db
(see rep-sharing in in db/fsfs.conf) if some non-sqlite-aware process is
writing to the repository.

--
Philip