Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Yiannis Gkoufas <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/09 01:41:26 UTC

Name Entity Recognition Tool

Hello!

I have been testing the Name Finder tool and I have a question. In the
documentation there is the execution from shell:

$bin/opennlp TokenNameFinder en-ner-person.bin

And there are instructions on how to use it inside the API by providing an
array of Tokens and getting as output an array of spans.
I was wondering how can I achieve the behavior of the command line execution
using the API. That is, I want to provide the API a string just like the
example in the documentation:

Pierre Vinken , 61 years old , will join the board as a nonexecutive
director Nov. 29 .
Mr . Vinken is chairman of Elsevier N.V. , the Dutch publishing group .
Rudolph Agnew , 55 years old and former chairman of Consolidated Gold Fields
PLC , was named a director of this British industrial conglomerate .

and to get the output as that string:

<START:person> Pierre Vinken <END> , 61 years old , will join the board as a
nonexecutive director Nov. 29 .
Mr . <START:person> Vinken <END> is chairman of Elsevier N.V. , the Dutch
publishing group .
<START:person> Rudolph Agnew <END> , 55 years old and former chairman of
Consolidated Gold Fields PLC , was named a director of this British
industrial conglomerate .

Best Regards,
Yiannis