Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Escuder Nicolas <n....@intra-links.com> on 2008/07/20 11:13:38 UTC

Subversion and arabic filename

Hello,

I use subversion on windows, i have different filename in my folder :

C:\Users\nicolas\Desktop\Documents>c:\SVN\bin\svn.exe status

?      desktop.ini

?      ????.txt

?      Money Sauvegarde.mbf

?      Bluetooth

?      Default.rdp

?      Documents sur Pocket Nico

The real filename of ????.txt is فثسف.txt

I have set APR_ICONV_PATH=C:\SVN\iconv but I can’t add filename in arab
please help I need support for those filenames.

See You.

Nicolas

Re: Subversion and arabic filename

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 22, 2008, at 02:37, Escuder Nicolas wrote:

>> On Jul 20, 2008, at 06:13, Escuder Nicolas wrote:
>>
>>> I use subversion on windows, i have different filename in my
>>> folder :
>>>
>>> C:\Users\nicolas\Desktop\Documents>c:\SVN\bin\svn.exe status
>>> ?      desktop.ini
>>> ?      ????.txt
>>> ?      Money Sauvegarde.mbf
>>> ?      Bluetooth
>>> ?      Default.rdp
>>> ?      Documents sur Pocket Nico
>>>
>>> The real filename of ????.txt is فثسف.txt
>>>
>>> I have set APR_ICONV_PATH=C:\SVN\iconv but I can’t add filename in
>>> arab please help I need support for those filenames.
>>
>> Have you also set the LANG environment variable to the appropriate
>> value for your system?
>
> No i don't known which value i must set into the LANG variable.
>
> Can you say it to me ;)

No, I really can't. It differs from OS to OS, and I never use Windows
so I don't know what's appropriate there.

On Mac OS X, for comparison, I set LANG to "en_US.UTF-8". This says
that I want to see messages in ENglish as it is spoken in the United
States, and that my Terminal expects characters in the UTF-8 encoding.

RE: Subversion and arabic filename

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Escuder Nicolas <n....@intra-links.com>.
Hello

> 1. How do your Windows Explorer shows the file name? Is it "فثسف.txt" (arabic)?

Yes explorer display the good filename

> 2. How other command-line tools show the name? E.g.
C:\Users\nicolas\Desktop\Documents>dir

> Will it display ????.txt ?
Yes the console doesn't display the filename

> If the dir command does not display the name, that is the limitation of the textual Console window in your system.

> What is your Windows version?
Windows XP

> Also, if you are on Windows, have you tried using the TortoiseSVN svn client?

With tortoiseSVN All work's fine but i need the command line version because I use it in an VB6 program and I launch the svn.exe because I don't have the API for calling the svn function directly.

I Think if I will have this api this will fix my problem.

See You.

Thanks for your help

Escuder Nicolas

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.