Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru> on 2004/08/20 13:42:22 UTC

Re[3]: Handle Non-HTML Files

Friday, August 20, 2004, 6:08:36 AM, gReK@warsztat.pac.pl wrote:

gRe> Yeah, it's simple, just use something like this:
gRe>   <map:match pattern="uploaded/**">
gRe>     <map:read src="uploaddir/{1}"/>
gRe>   </map:match>

gRe> It will work properly, but there is a problem with mime-type. I think, there is
gRe> no good method, just do matches for common types (and there set mime-type) and
gRe> use above match.

If i recall correctly, this common matching could be configured in
cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml ?
Or what is purpose of those <mime-mapping>s ?

--
 qMax

Re: Handle Non-HTML Files

Posted by Bhaskar Rathod <bh...@cs.unm.edu>.
qMax wrote:

>If i recall correctly, this common matching could be configured in
>cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml ?
>Or what is purpose of those <mime-mapping>s ?

Yah that should work fine. The only issue would be you should be able to
determine or extract the resource directory name from request if you
store your resources by type.

I have images and audio files of different kind under my images/ and
audio/ directories so I  go simplest route of different matchers for
them.  Can I do it any other way more efficiently? Can I match using
mime types?

Regards,
Bhaskar