Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ezsra McDonald <ez...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 23:02:38 UTC

Re: ApacheDS M20 Backup & Restore

So how does one retain password history and other system attributes in the
backup using ldapsearch? If I can, how do I restore those values? Do I need
additional access?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Ezsra McDonald <ez...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Kiran,
>
> is '(user+operational)' a filter or are you saying I have to list all the
> attributes specifically? I don't like the later. What if someone starts
> using additional attributes without my knowledge. Can you give an example?

just use that in filter

ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b
"ou=system" -s sub -a always "(objectClass=*)" "*" "+"

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: ApacheDS M20 Backup & Restore