Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/15 21:58:07 UTC

IRequestCycle

What is the difference between the IRequestCycle passed as parameter to a
listener method and the one obtained by page's getRequestCycle() method ?
And if they are equals, why my listeners have to have this parameter.

Re: IRequestCycle

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@freemail.hu>.
The IRequestCycle instance is used very often, for common tasks. For example: extracting DirectLink's parameters, getting or activating another page, getting the container Form, etc.
So I think it was a logical desing decision to make it available as a parameter, because most listeners use it.

As I wrote 4.0 does not require IRequestCycle as parameter, but in most cases I include it in the parameter list instead of calling getPage().getRequestCycle().
It simply saves some coding and makes the method more readable.

Br,
Norbi
  Yes, it's a constraint, but why is the reason ?

  On 6/15/05, Norbert Sándor <de...@freemail.hu> wrote:
    In Tapestry 3.0 it is a constraint on the listener methods' signature.
    In Tapestry 4.0 there is no such constraint, see
    http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/current/UsersGuide/listenermethods.html.

    Br,
    Norbi

Re: IRequestCycle