Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/11/02 12:26:58 UTC

[site] restructure phase 6 complete, volunteers wanted

Hi gang,

since Aaron did the excellent job in converting "Developing with Avalon"
over to the horrible but simpler to support anakia format, we're about
done with the massive overhaul.

I've tarred up the old materials in avalon-site (at
avalon.apache.org/historiccvs, everyone, please make a local backup,
too), done the same to the new materials in
avalon-sandbox/mavenized-site, removed the old avalon-site and the
mavenized-site materials on the cvs server, then imported the new
materials into that location.

We still have a few dead links, as anyone can try out by checking out
avalon-site and running 'maven site' which runs some kind of link
checking plugin.

Phase 7 includes fixing those, and getting all those interesting ideas
for more/new documentation implemented. Volunteers wanted to help Aaron
and Steve!

cheers,

- Leo

Re: [site] restructure phase 6 complete, volunteers wanted

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

J Aaron Farr wrote:

>If no one objects, I'm probably going to remove the menu links
>for 'wiki' and 'articles' and have everything just on the one
>index page:
>
>(http://avalon.apache.org/doc/index.html)

+1

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [site] restructure phase 6 complete, volunteers wanted

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Leo,

thanks for handling the cvs clean-up!

other comments below...

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 06:26, Leo Simons wrote:

> We still have a few dead links, as anyone can try out by checking out
> avalon-site and running 'maven site' which runs some kind of link
> checking plugin.

I've fixed just about all of the reported broken links.  The plugin
doesn't recognize redirects so it's not completely accurate.

> Phase 7 includes fixing those, and getting all those interesting ideas
> for more/new documentation implemented. Volunteers wanted to help Aaron
> and Steve!

I've got additional documentation I'm putting together -- hopefully will
be committed sometime this week.

Just updated the related projects section (let me know if something is
missing), the sandbox index, and the documentation section index.  If no

 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>