Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net> on 2002/02/19 13:29:12 UTC

HTTPHTMLGenerator

I had the same problem as described in bug #6520
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101402671004632&w=2). I
solved this problem using the HTTPClient (commons-httpclient-20011012.jar).

The use of the HTTPClient makes it possible to use the POST-paramters and
HEADER-parameters of the client/cocoon-connection.

  Browser   --->    Cocoon    --->   HTTP-Resource
           Request       HTTPHTMLGenerator
                         using HEAD & POST of
                         the Request

I called this generator (based on the HTML-Generator) HTTPHTMLGenerator.

Using this generator solved my problem posted last december (using Cocoon2
as Proxy):
- http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100758023726189&w=2
- http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100763795331083&w=2

The HTTPHTMLConnector makes it very easy to integrate existing web
applications into cocoon.

Attached you find the sources (HTTPHTMLGenerator.java) - tested with Cocoon
2.0.1/Tomcat4.0.1/Win2K-Prof

Reinhard Pötz

Re: HTTPHTMLGenerator

Posted by re...@gmx.net.
I think so ... but I havn't had the time of thinking it through. In my
opinion I only have to check whether the src starts with "http" or not. If this is
true I use my way of reading the src otherwise I will use the
SourceResolver.

The second thing is making it Cachable ... Maybe someone could help me!

After solving those two problems I'll post the diff at
http://nagoya.apache.org

Regards,
Reinhard

http://www.gmx.net