Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Volodymyr Ilchenko <v....@n-ix.com.ua> on 2005/08/02 14:12:08 UTC

Response of void methods

Hello All,

I'm using Axis 1.2.1 and trying to implement UDDI v.3 spec
(http://www.uddi.org/). However, I have a question with respect to
methods that do not return a response but still have to execute
synchronously. Here is an example from UDDI spec:

void delete_tModel(Delete_tModel body) throws DispositionReport;

Axis produces the following response in case the method call succeeds:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soapenv:Body>
     <delete_tModelResponse xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api_v3"/>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

However, delete_tModelResponse is not defined under
"urn:uddi-org:api_v3" namespace. Thus, the response is invalid.

I would expect the response to contain an empty SOAP Body element, like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
   <soapenv:Body/>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Here are snippets of UDDI WSDL's provided by OASIS (you can find the
complete WSDL's on uddi.org):

==== PortType ====

<message name="successMessage"/>
<message name="delete_tModelMessage">
	<part name="body" element="uddi:delete_tModel"/>
</message>
<operation name="delete_tModel">
	<input message="tns:delete_tModelMessage"/>
	<output message="tns:successMessage"/>
	<fault name="error" message="tns:dispositionReportFaultMessage"/>
</operation>

==== Binding ====

<soap:binding style="document"
<operation name="delete_service">
	<soap:operation soapAction="delete_service"/>
	<input>
		<soap:body use="literal"/>
	</input>
	<output>
		<soap:body use="literal"/>
	</output>
	<fault name="error">
		<soap:fault name="error" use="literal"/>
	</fault>
</operation>

Best regards,
Volodymyr Ilchenko