Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mohammad Norouzi <mn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/04 13:56:53 UTC

is there any workaround to get the field names?

Hi
as far as I know there is no way to obtain the structure of the index. for
example, I need to have a list of fields available in the index and their
type.
I need this feature, what shall I do?

Mohammad Norouzi

Re: is there any workaround to get the field names?

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
Le dimanche 4 février 2007 13:56, Mohammad Norouzi a écrit :
> Hi
> as far as I know there is no way to obtain the structure of the index. for
> example, I need to have a list of fields available in the index and their
> type.
> I need this feature, what shall I do?

Use this one :
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexReader.html#getFieldNames(org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.FieldOption)