Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> on 2002/02/28 16:41:03 UTC

Re: JavaCC

Jim Seach <jw...@yahoo.com> writes:

> On the other hand, if Jason was really serious about developing a
> JavaCC clone, Antlr could be used as a tool or as a starting point.

JavaCC has changed hands several times.  I spoke briefly with a
respresentive WebGain representative at the last JavaOne, and it
appeared that there may be some interest in open sourcing it.

Pursuing that avenue may give some love.

Dan

Re: JavaCC

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

> Jim Seach <jw...@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> On the other hand, if Jason was really serious about developing a
>> JavaCC clone, Antlr could be used as a tool or as a starting point.
>
> JavaCC has changed hands several times.  I spoke briefly with a
> respresentive WebGain representative at the last JavaOne, and it
> appeared that there may be some interest in open sourcing it.
>
> Pursuing that avenue may give some love.

Not as promising, but that doesn't mean we can't persuade some change:

http://www.webgain.com/products/java_cc/usage.html