Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/14 18:57:09 UTC

Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
perception.

* I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
* Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references

Do people have any preference? I'll rejigger the directories after a
reasonably clear consensus. I can see both approaches.

I may be able to immediately start some authz stuff, per Sam's note.

Cheers,
-g

Re: Opinions

Posted by Marcus Lange <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Hi all,

the longer one is the official and formal name and the shorter one the
perfect acronym since a very long time. And as Phillip states correct it
saves typing always when you have to enter an URL to the repo.

+1 for ooo

Marcus

Re: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Brouwer <si...@xs4all.nl>.
Op 14-6-2011 19:06, IngridvdM schreef:
> Am 14.06.2011 18:57, schrieb Greg Stein:
>> I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
>> repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
>> perception.
>>
>> * I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
>> * Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references
>>
>> Do people have any preference?
>
> I like the short one more.
I agree.

--
Vriendelijke groet,
Simon Brouwer.

| http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

Re: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by IngridvdM <In...@gmx-topmail.de>.
Am 14.06.2011 18:57, schrieb Greg Stein:
> I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
> repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
> perception.
>
> * I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
> * Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references
>
> Do people have any preference?

I like the short one more.

Ingrid

Re: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
> repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
> perception.
>
> * I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
> * Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references

+1 for ooo

Andy

Re: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by Mathias Bauer <Ma...@gmx.net>.
On 14.06.2011 18:57, Greg Stein wrote:
> I wanted to raise this query to the surface for input: the name in the
> repository. This is easily changed, so it's really just about ongoing
> perception.
>
> * I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
> * Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references
>
> Do people have any preference? I'll rejigger the directories after a
> reasonably clear consensus. I can see both approaches.

"ooo" is preferred. Developers like to save keystrokes. :-)

Regards,
Mathias

Re: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by Carl Marcum <ca...@codebuilders.net>.

> * I used "ooo" to match the mailing list names and to keep URLs short
> * Christian used "openofficeorg" to match some podling references
>
> Do people have any preference? I'll rejigger the directories after a
> reasonably clear consensus. I can see both approaches.

+1 ooo

less typing

Carl

RE: Opinions (was: Subversion - Seeding incubator/openofficeorg/ please)

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
My suggestion is to leave them both be for now, but reserve the incubator/openofficeorg/ one for whatever is brought over, in whatever structure it is brought over in.  Not sure what that leaves ooo/ for, but I'm sure we can think of something, especially since we are in a kind of quiet period where I don't think we should be rolling OpenOffice.org code just yet.

 - Dennis

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
As many people prefer ooo, i have updated the podling status file to
svn name "ooo" and removed the longer folder name from the svn.

Cheers all

--
http://www.grobmeier.de