Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mieke Banderas <mi...@gamebox.net> on 2005/02/02 00:21:23 UTC

Enforce ISO-8859-1

I have a form on a HTML page with the meta attribute 'content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1" ' and also the attribute 'accept-charset="ISO-8859-1"
' in the form tag. Yet I get Mac-Roman in the resulting email that I
utilize with Suns mail.jar via a bean. What can I do at the servercode or
in the  browser to enforce ISO-8859-1?
Is there a setting in Tomcat I have missed?

Problem, is that besides the form page itself I see no obvious places to
affect the encoding, so any suggestions for where to look would be helpful.