Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com> on 2013/06/21 03:55:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance Part 2 by Leonardo Uribe

Hello,

I am pleased to announce a new article on JSFCentral.com by Leonardo Uribe:
Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance – Part 2.

In this series of articles, Leonardo Uribe discusses JSF 2 and MyFaces Core
performance, and its implications for web applications.  Additionally, he
highlights last year's (2011-2012) performance enhancements in the Apache
MyFaces JSF Implementation through an in-depth comparison between JSF and
Apache Wicket.  Leonardo compares different aspects—speed, memory usage,
session size—to give a better understanding of how JSF works under
different conditions.  Finally, he does an up-to-date (2013) web framework
comparison between JSF 2 and other alternatives like Apache Wicket, Apache
Tapestry, Spring MVC and Grails 2.  In the end, choosing a web framework
requires that you balance performance with other considerations.

Read Part 2 of the series here:
http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/understanding_jsf_performance_2.html

___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | @
jsfcentral
+1 203-998-0403

* Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast:
*http://w<http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/JSFNewscast/>
ww.enterprisejavanews.com*
* JSFCentral Interviews Podcast: http://www.jsfcentral.com/resources/
jsfcentralpodcasts/
* Sign up for the JSFCentral Newsletter: http://oi.vresp.com/?fid=ac048d0e17

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance Part 2 by Leonardo Uribe

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
> This is not the end of the story. Web frameworks will keep improving and
> the hope is this information can be useful to find new ways to enhance them
> (community over code is the Apache way).

+1

> Performance is just one aspect that you have to consider when choosing a
> web framework; usually it is necessary to strike a balance between it and
> several other aspects.

This was 1 of 2 reasons why I migrated from Mojarra 2.1.7 (Glassfish
3.1.2.2) to MyFaces 2.1.8 (Glassfish 3.1.2.2) in 2012, and now using it
with TomEE (latest version, of course)!

Thanks Thomas (for recommending MyFaces in PrimeFaces forum and helping me
when I made the migration), and thanks Leonardo/Kito for these posts! :)