Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2006/11/22 14:06:41 UTC

Apache 2.2.3 mod_proxy not flushing EOS

I've rec'd a report via private email that
2.2.3 and mod_proxy are not correctly
flushing EOS when streaming...

  "1.) When an IE browser requests a page, the server starts serving
       real-time data as chunks.

   2.) The response header has a Transfer-Encoding of "chunked". Each
chunk
       is written as following:
       <size of chunk in hex>CRLF<real-time data>CRLF

   3.) Server automatically ends the response in about a minute by
sending
       a zero-sized chunk (eos) as:
       0CRLFCRLF"

what they see is:

  "(1) After the apache server receives the chunk end, it keeps
sending a
   stream of 0CRLF bytes to the client, until the connection is timed-
out.
   We discovered that the size of this stream was about 8K."

I can't recreate this nor can I find anything matching
it in Bugzilla.