Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com> on 2005/07/19 11:28:59 UTC

Problem with HTTP HTML LINK PARSER

Hello,

I've searched the List about the HTTP LINK PARSER, but cannot find an answer
to my problem.

The usual structure should be (as i saw in other posts):

TEST PLAN

	THREAD GROUP
		HTTP REQUEST (domain: www.mydomain.com; path: .*
			HTTP HTML LINK PARSER

	VIEW RESULTS TREE

Well as result i always geht a 404 Error Page not found because of URL
www.mydomain.com/.*
So I suggest that the regex doesn't function in path (we had that already in
another post).

Now I just want to ask, if someone could give a really simple explanation
how to use the
HTTP HTML LINK PARSER correctly.

Beside my actual Task:
I shoult test stress test tools, creating a SIMPLE spider that crawls
through a Web Site and records
the times, for each URL it finds.
Further it should just regocnize links for a spezific domain and URL
pattern, but thats another problem.

Hope someone can help me out there.

Thanks Chris

For answers please write to: christian.baumgartner@tiscover.com

AW: Problem with HTTP HTML LINK PARSER

Posted by Christian Baumgartner <ch...@tiscover.com>.
No, that should be just for testing.. I want to crawl my page, recording the
response times from each link of a specific domain an durl pattern given.
In future it should find a link, jump to that page, parse it, look if there
is something like a formlar and fill in one of my predefined user variables,
look at the response and tell if it works or i get an error.
And furthermore everything with stress simulation -> multiple users do many
form inputs ..

And i don't want data from one user suddenly appearing in the form of
another user (seen at www.one.at really!).

Nevertheless first step is to create a simple spider.

@Michael Stover: I suddenly tried what you said, but i think i maybe
misunderstood something in your description. For now, i want this LINK
PARSER running.
So I created a HTTPSampler that hits my page,
I also put a LINK PARSER in my Thread group
And a second HTTP Sampler. Mostly in this order (I gave the Link Parser as
kind element of the HTTP Sampler 2 and one) but it doesn't work..
The Link Level has not top priority, but maybe you can give me an example of
the usage.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.