Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jones, Rhys" <Rh...@trizetto.com> on 2012/03/16 15:29:37 UTC

SolrJ Request issue when trying to add a PDF file to Index

Hello,

I'm having trouble adding a pdf file to my index.  It's multicored.  My server object instantiates properly (StreamingUpdateSolrServer).  In my request object (ContentStreamUpdateRequest) I add a couple of literals to populate fields in the index that the parsed content of the PDF won't populate.  I've verified that the fields are spelled in accordance with the fields in the schema.txt.

I use the addFile() method of the ContentStreamUpdateRequest object and that isn't an issue.

However, when I use the .request() method off of the server (StreamingUpdateSolrServer)object, I get a 404 Not Found Not Found error.

I've checked the solrconfig.xml and the /update request handler is there...so what am I doing incorrectly?  By the examples, this should work.

Thanks,
Rhys

Rhys Jones
Associate Software Engineer
The TriZetto Group, Inc.
Phone (630) 428-5038
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message transmission is intended only for the person or the entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, including personal health or other information which may be protected by federal or state law. If you have received this transmission, but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender of the e-mail and destroy the original message and all copies.