Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/05/17 18:44:51 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/net InetAddressUtil.java

michi@apache.org wrote:

>   +        // Treat 255.255.255.255 exceptionally
>   +        if (netmaskPart == 255 && networkPart == ipPart) return true;

we need to rethink this code to also handle IPv6. imo this is a not a
concern of lenya but of the container.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/net InetAddressUtil.java

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>>I think all of us agree. Does someone know a library
>>which is capable of this task?

I haven't found a lib, but it does the trick for the moment and fixes
the bug of "single" IP addresses.
If anyone knows a better solution, please go ahead ;-)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/net InetAddressUtil.java

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 18:58, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> >>we need to rethink this code to also handle IPv6. imo this is a not a
> >>concern of lenya but of the container.
> >

> > I agree on gregor's comment. Otherwise we start hacking an TCP/IP filter
> > which is no concern of an application layer.
>
> I think all of us agree. Does someone know a library
> which is capable of this task?

The linux kernel (ipchains and iptables) :) Of course that does not
solve the problem for windoof.

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/net InetAddressUtil.java

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 18:44, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
>>michi@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>  +        // Treat 255.255.255.255 exceptionally
>>>  +        if (netmaskPart == 255 && networkPart == ipPart) return true;
>>
>>we need to rethink this code to also handle IPv6. imo this is a not a
>>concern of lenya but of the container.
>

> I agree on gregor's comment. Otherwise we start hacking an TCP/IP filter
> which is no concern of an application layer.

I think all of us agree. Does someone know a library
which is capable of this task?

-- Andreas

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/net InetAddressUtil.java

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.