Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu> on 2002/06/14 16:21:34 UTC

JSESSIONID had /cocoon as path

Is there a way to edit the path for the JSESSIONID cookie?

Thanks,
Liam Morley

Re: JSESSIONID had /cocoon as path

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, constructing a new cookie
doesn't seem to do it. I now have two JSESSIONID cookies. I think the
problem is that I'm somehow not intercepting the right one. Could it be
that I'm not using the right web.xml? The cookie's getting in there
somehow, there has to be some way to filter this.

Liam

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@gdc.wpi.edu>.
After closer inspection, I noticed that with the original code (as
outlined below), the first visit to the page gets me one JSESSIONID
cookie with a path of "/cocoon". As soon as I begin to browse around on
the site, the request object passed into the filter now has a JSESSIONID
cookie, and the correct path is assigned through the wrapper; this
effectively creates two cookies (one for each path).  If I end my
session, it always creates the cookie with path "/cocoon" first, and
then creates the second cookie only when I click around. My question is,
why isn't this cookie added via the RequestWrapper the first time around?

Also. I have a cookie of my own that I use for the site, and I set the
path to "/" through Cookie.setPath(). This works fine until I try using
the RequestWrapper; now, when the addCookie() method gets called, the
supplied cookie has a path of null. The effect of this is that the
current directory is assigned to the path, and I have as many cookies
with this name as I have directories that I've visited. What could be
causing this, and how could I resolve it?

Thanks again for the continued assistance, it's much appreciated.

Liam Morley