Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christopher Mason <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2006/02/15 21:50:19 UTC

svn/spnego

--On Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:03 PM -0800 Emily Stumpf
<em...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Did you ever post details on [authenticating subversion with spnego
> on windows]? :)

Emily-

No, but now that subversion 1.3 is out this should be a bunch easier.
Before you had to build a version of subversion that used neon 0.25,
but subversion 1.3 uses this by default.  I just downloaded and tried
it and it seems to work.

You'll need:

apache (I have version 2.0.53)
mod_auth_kerb (I have 5.0rc6)
subversion >=1.3  (must be compiled against neon >= 0.25, but the
win32 builds on subversion.tigris.org are)

I use the following in my httpd.conf:

<Location /testsrc>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /var/testsrc
   AuthType Kerberos
   KrbAuthRealms MFAD.MFROOT.ORG
   Krb5Keytab /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.keytab
   KrbMethodNegotiate On
   KrbMethodK5Passwd on
   KrbSaveCredentials On
   AuthName "Authorization Realm"
   Require valid-user
</Location>

You'll need to create a keytab file with a service principal for HTTP
(not http).  If you can get, eg, firefox[1] to access a URL
configured like /testsrc above, then you should be set.  Google for
mod_auth_kerb and this should get you started.

One caveat: you must use the fully qualified domain name for this to
work.  The reasons for this are arcane (SPN canonicalization) and not
worth explaining.

Hope this helps,

-c

[1] Make sure you enable spnego in firefox.

--
[ Christopher Mason  MPRC Bioinformatics  http://proteomics ]

Re: svn/spnego

Posted by Emily Stumpf <em...@ucdavis.edu>.
Hum. Now, I've got it working on linux just fine, and almost on OS X,
but windows is still not working.  It might be how I'm trying to enable
SPNEGO in Firefox?
Per this site:
http://open.itworld.com/5037/book_050425firefoxhacks/page_1.html

.. Down in the middle of of Hack #14

By going to about:config I set both of these to my svn server
("myserver.ucdavis.edu"):

|network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris     /* defaults to empty string */
network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris  /* defaults to empty string */|

Does that sound about right? I would Love to be directed to directions
for Internet Explorer/Firefox, if this does not sound right.

Thanks for any info!