Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com> on 2003/05/19 16:19:03 UTC

Does Slide handle redirects for Web Folder appropriately? (Remy?)

*I'm hoping Remy reads this as I believe he wrote the code in question*

I'm having trouble with Microsoft Web Folders and I believe it's related
to the WebDAV server I use.  Apache2 mod_dav works, as does the
WebdavServlet included with Tomcat 4.0, but the Resin Webdav servlet and
the Slide 1.0.16 Webdav servlet don't work.  I'm getting the "Can't
display as Web Folder" error message.  I noticed that Apache makes a
special effort not to send redirects for collections that don't end in
'/'s in order to work around a bug in Microsoft's implementation.  I
suspect the Tomcat webdav servlet does the same.  What I'm wondering is
if the Slide servlet does this and something else is causing the
problem, or if the Slide servlet could be patched to match the one that
ships with Tomcat.

K.C.

Re: Does Slide handle redirects for Web Folder appropriately? (Remy?)

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com> writes:

> Yes, I am.  Everything was working the way I wanted when I had it set
> to false, with the exception of the Web Folders. I'm curious.  Are you
> embedding Web Folders in a web page, either via a Frame or IFrame?  If
> so, how do you cause them to appear?  I can get it to work when a user
> clicks on a link, but I'm having trouble getting it to automatically
> appear.

The web folders are opened in IE through File->Open dialog only. We
discourage usage of IE as a WebDAV client in favor of XML Spy.
Too much trouble with insufficient error message display.

One more trivial tip. Always end the url with a /.

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: Does Slide handle redirects for Web Folder appropriately? (Remy?)

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.